The Sisters of Mercy of the Americas are commemorated the 5th anniversary of Pope Francis’ groundbreaking encyclical, Laudato Si, On Care for Our Common Home, by launching the Mercy Earth Challenge — a year-long challenge for the common good.
We introduced this amid constant reminders — including a global coronavirus pandemic and global climate crisis — of our interconnected world.
We invited everyone in our Mercy Family and beyond into a year-long series of personal, communal and systemic actions throughout six distinct seasons:
- Season 1: Earth Day – Laudato Si’ Anniversary
- Season 2: Summer 2020 – Water Sacred Gift
- Season 3: Season of Creation – Just Food
- Season 4: Advent 2020 – Sustainable Shopping
- Season 5: New Year’s 2021 – Plastics: Beyond Convenience
- Season 6: Lent 2021 – Mercy Meatless Mondays