The Pastoral Care Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination and facilitation of the religious and sacramental services for the Sisters residing at Marian Oaks. Works with individuals and groups of Sisters to support their spiritual and emotional needs. Also, a member of the staff team who assists the Sisters in their daily life routine. Location: Burlingame, CA.
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
This is a great career opportunity for a motivated and caring person. You would be supporting the Sisters who have devoted their lives to the care of others.
Education, Competencies and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
- A Religious Sister or certification in NACC or ACPE or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in chaplaincy or related field preferred.
- Experience in pastoral care.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities,
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Confidentially and HIPPA knowledge.
- Experience in areas of grief; advocating and caring for the elderly.
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with a broad range of employees and external contacts,
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team,
- Capable of displaying strong self-motivation and sound decision-making ability,
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to approach people in a manner, which creates harmony and promotes cooperation; organizational ability; collaboration; leadership; creativity; sound judgment; confidentiality.
- Ability to handle stress associated with ministering to Sisters who experience pain and suffering, death and grief.
- Ability to work independent of supervision.
- Ability to manage & prioritize the deadlines and deliverables of each project, and be comfortable in a constantly evolving environment of rapid change.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions to help solve issues and improve our overall productivity and success.
- Understanding and appreciation of the traditions and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy.
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church structures and teaching.
- Successfully complete pre-employment requirements, including a physical, tb test, drug test and background check.
- Freedom from use of illegal drugs and freedom from use and effects of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Flexibility and ability to establish and rearrange priorities.
- Some evenings and weekends required.
- $50,000 – $52,000 Salaried
- 32 hours a week
- This location offers a free meal to the employee
The Sisters of Mercy ensure the care of their employees by providing free of charge employer-paid:
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided and additional matched employee contributions to 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
We also offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Teladoc, EAP plan, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account.
The Sisters of Mercy celebrate diversity. The Mercy mission centers on our commitment to anti-racism, women, earth, non-violence and immigrants.
We welcome all qualified employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. In our inclusive work environment, employees thrive.
Feel free to send your resume through Indeed.