Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of employees as they extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of business tasks and workflow resulting in the efficient and effective operations of the Dallas office and Mercy Center Residence. The position performs a wide variety of responsible, confidential, and complex administrative duties for the Sisters of Mercy. The position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative oversight and management of the Dallas car fleet and will interface with Sisters from the Dallas area, the Sister Life Ministers, the insurance carrier, and the SMA, Inc. Fleet Manager. The position requires interface with staff, Sisters of Mercy, and various other organizations and vendors. Position responsibilities include support to various departments within the Dallas and Merion offices and reports to the Director of Real Estate and Property Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating Dallas office operations and procedures.
- Works independently and takes initiative.
- Ensures compliance with the Sisters of Mercy policies and procedures.
- Prepares and monitors Administrative Office budget.
- Ensures efficient and effective day-to-day-operations
- Communicates with staff, Sisters, and other locations as necessary through email, telephone, and written postal communications.
- Coordinates and maintains records in the Administrative Office area, including paper and electronic files.
- Coordination and oversight of Dallas area community properties.
- Receives maintenance requests from the Sisters who live in Community Owned Properties. Possesses a working knowledge of basic property maintenance toprocess and communicate routine requests via work order to contracted vendor.
- Acts as a back-up to the Real Estate Manager to communicate and coordinate work with contracted vendors.
- Provides access to the properties to meet with contractors, Sisters and others.
- Acts as a liaison with IT vendor for Dallas offices and Sisters.
- Coordination, oversight and management of the Dallas car fleet.
- Provides support and assistance for local and community events.
- Other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years of college and/or administrative/secretarial training and/or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’ degree preferred.
- High level of professionalism.
- Experience and understanding of building systems and prior experience solving maintenance issues.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook; skilled in Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
- Familiarity with teleconference equipment and transmission.
- Fosters the charism of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
- Experience and understanding of not-for-profit religious organizations.
- Highly skilled written and oral communication skills; builder of relationships.
- Attentive to details; anticipates needs and acts immediately and prudently.
- Approachable; service oriented.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
Physical: Push; Pull; Lift or carry up to as much as 20 pounds occasionally; considerable walking, standing, and sitting. Must be able to file documents.
Environmental Conditions: Functions in a general office environment under normal conditions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to: