Asbury Park, New Jersey
Provide guidance and support to individuals, children, and families dealing with issues that affect their environment and emotional well-being. The counselor should have the abilities and skills to engage a diverse population, using a holistic approach “wellness” model which highlights and encourages the individual’s strengths.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
- To work with individuals, children, families and groups to improve emotional well-being.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and help clients define goals, plan action gain insights, and empowerment.
- Conduct groups and utilize a behavioral approach to emotional problems with children and adolescents.
- Provide crisis intervention services and case management.
- Develop and apply appropriate modalities to address clients’ presenting issues.
- Apply a holistic (mind and body) approach to emotional health care. Maintain of all case files and other records strict compliance with policy, regulation, procedure.
- Coordinate service planning and maintains ongoing contact with providers for continuing care of clients.
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development training as needed to meet all licensing standards and credentialing policies.
- Proficient in Spanish preferred (ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written).
- Respect for and knowledge of different value systems; ability to understand and communicate with people of different socio economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a team as well as independently, maintain positive and respectful attitude.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills.
- Experience in providing counseling, case management and advocacy.
- Ability to engage in constructive self-care activities to manage secondary trauma
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage.
- Must pass child abuse and neglect registry screening, criminal background
- checks, pre-employment drug testing.
- Must be willing to adhere to the philosophy, mission and policies of the Mercy Center.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, LSW in NJ and three (3) years of experience in social services or a relevant degree.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance, accidental death, long term disability and 13 paid holiday/year.
Starting salary $50,000- 54,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Dawn Dell’Omo, Director of Operations, Administration & Finance @ email@example.com
Mercy Center is an equal opportunity employer