Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania
Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School, an independent, all-girls Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, has an opening for a full time Business Office Administrator. Qualified applicants with experience in a school business office, overseeing all daily business office activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, food service, purchasing, contracts, rentals, support of facilities and a degree in business, finance or accounting are asked to submit their cover letter and resume in pdf format to Cindy DeCandido at email@example.com by November 4, 2022.
Rooted in the Catholic faith and charism of Mercy, Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School educates, inspires, and empowers young women to be merciful in spirit, innovative in thought, and courageous in leadership.
Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School is an independent, all-girls Catholic college preparatory school founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1861, serving a population of 400 students (grades 9-12), in Lower Gwynedd, Pennsylvania. An average class size of 18 students is supported by a faculty and staff of 70+ professionals, with a 1:10 faculty/student ratio. Students are offered participation in over 35 different clubs, multiple service opportunities, and 12 sports. 100% of our students choose to further their learning in opportunities for post-secondary education.
- Assist faculty and staff with daily business activities and Human Resources inquiries
- Process all Accounts Payable
- Validate, Code and process payment for all GMAHS expenses.
- Collect W-9’s for applicable vendors
- Ensure accuracy, process, and distribute 1099’s at year-end
- Coordinate and disperse referee payments for 7 sports teams
- Reconcile and disperse school petty cash fund
- Food Service
- Process, reconcile and deposit daily food service cash receipts
- Act as liaison with families and students monitoring lunch account balances on Point-of-Sale System (PaySchools.net)
- Closely controls and manages School Business Comdata Mastercard. Reconciles and classifies all purchases monthly
- Has final approval on all internal Amazon Business Account purchasing to ensure Business Office Guidelines are met
- Work with Director of Finance and Plant Manager to coordinate facility improvements
- Monitor vendor contracts–ensure accurate billing, make recommendations to facility manager for price savings through additional bid proposals
- Work with Office Manager coordinating School Enhancements and various events
- Work as a liaison with Food Service on school social events by President of School to include Freshman/Parent Barbeque, Faculty/Staff Christmas Celebration, Admissions, and Board to Trustees.
- Meet with and assist Student Council and various clubs with budgeting for school functions and fund-raisers to include events such as Powderpuff Football, winter formal, George Valentine Auction & Girls Rising
- Work with School Ministry to formulate a budget for School Mission Trips yearly (airfare, lodging, meals etc.)
- Continually review School processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Take on additional projects and/or responsibilities as the Director of Finance deems appropriate
Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting desired.
- Work experience in a school business office
- Experience with financial edge or other Database accounting systems
- FBI and Criminal Background clearances. Strong attention to detail and maintaining accuracy; highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Ability to multitask as a part of a busy business office.
- Professional demeanor and strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies and personalities, team player.
- Computer literacy – experience with Financials Edge or other database accounting program; fluency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
Candidates of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested and qualified teaching candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume, in pdf format, to Cindy DeCandido at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2022.