This position is essential and does not have the option to telecommute.
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
THIS MAY BE AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU, DO YOU WANT TO WORK IN A KIND AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT? This is a great career opportunity for a motivated, and caring person. You would be supporting the Sisters who have devoted their lives to the care of others.
Responsible for the planning, coordination and facilitation of the religious and sacramental services for the Sisters residing at Marian Oaks. Provides or facilitates spiritual care and support for Sisters living in other facilities in the area. Works with individuals and groups of Sisters to support their spiritual and emotional needs. Also, a member of the staff team who assists the Sisters in their daily life routine.
A complete job description will be provided at time of interview.
Education, Competencies and Experience
- Certification in NACC or ACPE or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in chaplaincy or related field preferred.
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with a broad range of employees and external contacts
- Solid computer skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities,
- Capable of displaying strong self-motivation and sound decision-making ability,
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written,
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License without any moving violations.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others.
- Ability to make decisions and accept responsibility for the consequences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be organized, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and appearance.
- Willingness to understand and appreciate the traditions, the rituals and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy, the Catholic Church and Vatican II teaching.
- Prior experience in a healthcare or religious organization strongly preferred.
Salary listed on Indeed
32hrs a week
This location offers a free meal to the employee.
Benefits package currently includes 10 paid holidays.
The Sisters of Mercy ensure the care of their employees by providing free of charge employer paid
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided and additional matched employee contributions to 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
We also offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Teladoc, EAP plan, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account,
The Sisters of Mercy celebrate diversity. The Mercy mission centers on our commitment to anti-racism, women, earth, non-violence and immigrants.
We welcome all qualified employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. In our inclusive work environment, employees thrive.