The Communications Coordinator is responsible for all print and media publications of Mount Saint Mary House of Prayer (MSMHP). This includes the publication of the brochures, electronic newsletter, electronic reflections, social media posts and publicity for all programs and events. Participation at fundraising events and programs is a component of this position. The services will be provided with a spirit of hospitality and compassion that embodies the charism of the Sisters of Mercy and in accordance with all Sisters of Mercy policies and procedures. Hours: 12-15 hours weekly. Location: Watchung, New Jersey.
The mission of Mount Saint Mary House of Prayer, rooted in the Gospel and the charism of the Sisters of Mercy, is to provide a sacred space, prayer experiences, and spirituality programs that help adults of any faith to encounter the God of mercy and share that mercy with others. The mission moves beyond the House of Prayer to any place where we share our ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design brochures and all promotional materials in collaboration with the Executive Director, Program Director, Program and Marketing Committees
- Create content for website and maintain the platform
- Create content for electronic newsletters and schedule electronic delivery
- Format the content for electronic reflections and schedule electronic delivery
- Design and schedule all social media posts in collaboration with the Executive Director, Program Director and Marketing Committee
- Disseminate publicity materials, print and electronic, to appropriate venues and identify other means of marketing
- Participate in the Marketing Committee
- Assist with fundraising events
- Other related duties and responsibilities
- Education, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or other relatable field
- Proficient in MS Office, social media and design platforms, Zoom and Hybrid offerings
- Strong interpersonal, writing and editing skills
- Understanding of spiritual programming
- Embrace the mission and values of the Sisters of Mercy and MSMHP
- Creative and able to have a flexible schedule with occasional evening or weekend commitments
- Ability to work collaboratively in team setting
- Prior work experience in communications or marketing field
Interested candidates should reach out to Sister Laura Arvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.