Mercy Center is a ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, an order of Catholic women religious. Mercy Center was established in 1981 in Burlingame, California, as a retreat center and a conference center for religious and other nonprofit organizations. Mercy Center provides opportunities for people to become more attentive to the presence of the Divine in their lives and in the world, and then respond with care for the Earth and service to others, especially people who are poor and vulnerable. The Certified Meditation Teacher and Retreat Program Coordinator role provides leadership and coordination for Meditation Training Programs and Sponsored Retreats to help forward the mission of Mercy Center Burlingame.
The ideal candidate will have a Meditation training certificate and have knowledge of personal/spiritual growth and development with a true passion for meditation and mindfulness, helping to provide a sustainable and healthy spiritual center and work environment.
- Meditation Training Program – Enhance our established East West Meditation and Centering Prayer programs. Teach regular meditation classes and offer podcasts, online courses, and writings to help grow new audiences.
- Sponsored Retreat Planning – Curate in-person and online retreats and prepare the annual retreat and program offerings of the Center in collaboration with the Director.
- Leadership – Provide inspiration, guidance, and support for the staff and volunteers, assisting the Director with training and mentoring staff,
- Strong Technology Skills – Courageous in navigating emergent technology including website, social media, while utilizing a variety of tools and formats.
Education, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Theology or Religious Studies, Psychology, Philosophy, or a related field. Graduate Degree in a related field preferred.
- Meditation Teacher Training Certificate Required – Insight Meditation training preferred.
- Conversant in themes related to contemporary spirituality.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and copywriting skills in English (required); Spanish and/or Mandarin/Cantonese a plus.
- Awareness and acceptance of a broad range of spiritual and religious beliefs and practices.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion will be a strong consideration for this role.
This is a full-time, onsite, exempt, salaried position, averaging 40 hours per week, and involving frequent weekend and evening hours.
For a complete position description, listing of qualifications, and additional information on Mercy Center Burlingame, visit our website at www.mercy-center.org
Qualified candidates may send cover letter and resume to:
Mary Dillard, Director
2300 Adeline Drive
Burlingame, CA 94401