Associate Director for Leadership Formation, Mercy Education System
The coordinator of leadership formation is responsible for maintaining, expanding, creating, and delivering programs and services for leaders within the Mercy Education System of the Americas. Leaders are defined as local board members, local board chairs, administrators and/or potential administrators. Provide support to member institutions. All responsibilities and duties are to be conducted in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
- Evaluates and updates programs and services for leadership development.
- Works in collaboration with other associate directors and executive director to designs, develop, and deliver training to leaders.
- Creates learning modules to be used for formation and development of board members and new faculty and staff members of the educational ministries in the Mercy Education System of the Americas.
- Organizes initiatives for online programs and identifies emerging trends that offer opportunities for new programming and services for leaders.
- Maintains electronic records for leadership programs.
- Facilitate active, continuing relationships between the schools and the Mercy Education System office.
- Become a familiar, supportive presence at each school and attend activities of the schools.
- Facilitate the relationship between the schools and the Mercy Education Board Mission/Stewardship Team; Support the schools in areas of growth as outlined in the review by the Mercy Education Board.
- Facilitate the understanding and application of the Mercy Education System governance structure in daily service, planning, decision making and implementation of policy with the member institution.
- Supports member schools through communication with heads and board chairs and visits to the ministries.
- Assist all staff members, as needed, with implementation of programs and services.
- Collaboration with all staff members in living out the mission of Mercy Education.
- Demonstrates concrete evidence of ability to convene, facilitate, motivate, and integrate various types of groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in educational leadership or similar field
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and overall comfort with technology.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
- Prior experience with non-profit organization, boards and systems.
- Has a developed spirituality consistent with the mission, charism and values of the Sisters of Mercy.
Master’s degree in related field.
- The Mercy Education System office is located in Silver Spring, MD. A remote work office is negotiable.
- Travel required, occasionally on weekends.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; hear; use hands to handle objects. The employee may be required to occasionally bend, stoop, twist and/or lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, video conferencing equipment, and video cameras. Some overnight travel is required. The employee may be required to occasionally push or pull luggage and equipment up to 50 pounds, primarily associated with occasional business travel.
THE PRECEDING IS INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE RESPONSIBLITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED.
Send Resume/CV to: Lisa Griffith, RSM
Resume/CV due by July 6, 2021